Helping You Face Divorce Challenges Head-On
Filing for divorce is not an easy decision. However, having a knowledgeable attorney on your side can help you understand the process and know that this is not the end but a new beginning.
At Olivencia & Cribben Law Office in Chattanooga, our lawyers and staff are dedicated to helping our divorce clients address all of the various issues that surface during the divorce process. By providing information and our assessment of the situation, we can help you make guided and educated decisions regarding your case.
Confidently Handling All Issues That Arise
Throughout the course of a divorce, there are a wide range of matters that may need resolution. From straightforward cases to complex matters, our lawyers have more than 30 years of experience handling the full spectrum of divorce issues, such as:
- Contested and uncontested divorces: Whether the divorce is agreed to by both parties or is being requested by one party and fought by the other
- Equitable distribution of marital property (property division): The way in which marital assets and property are divided equitably and fairly but not always a full 50-50 split
- Alimony (spousal support): The amount of money paid by one spouse to the other during and after the divorce process in order to help support his or her life
- Child custody and visitation: Joint custody, sole custody and legal custody, how time is split between parents, based on the assessment of the court of what is in the children’s best interests.
- Child support: A statute-set amount of money that is paid to one parent by the other in order to support the children of the marriage
- Prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements: Agreements that may need to be upheld or challenged, as they can affect how property is divided and alimony is paid
Have A Skilled Lawyer On Your Side
Though it may seem possible to handle your divorce on your own, there are many aspects of the case that can become complicated and need the advice of an attorney. Having one from the beginning of your case can help you understand the process and how the outcomes may impact your life.
This is especially the case when immigration issues are involved. The dissolution of a marriage may affect one’s immigration status, and therefore is especially important to have a legal team like ours at Olivencia & Cribben Law Office on your side that understands not only family law and divorce but also immigration law.
Talk To Us About Your Divorce
We offer a free initial consultation so you can discuss the details of your situation with a member of our respected legal team. Call our firm today at 423-508-8756 or contact us online. For Spanish-speaking clients, you can talk directly with one of our bilingual attorneys without needing an interpreter.