- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
Attorney Michael Chavez was born and raised in Puerto Rico. He is a direct descendant of Colombia and Peru immigrants. He obtained his bachelor degree in Mass Media Communications and Productions with a minor in Romance Languages and Latin. His Juris Doctor is from the Law School of Interamericana University in Puerto Rico.
He started up his own business and moved to the financial industry in the management team with international relevance. Before coming to Olivencia and Cribben he established his sole practice office where he worked business law, administrative and criminal defense. Mr. Chavez is admitted to the Puerto Rico and US Federal Bar.
After the disaster of Hurricane María he founded a humanitarian aid nonprofit group called "Puerto Rico tu Puedes (Puerto Rico, you can) that provided support to communities affected. In his spare time, he enjoys to listen his music collection. He speaks, Spanish, English and Portuguese.
- Inter-American University of Puerto Rico School of Law, Santurce, Puerto Rico
- J.D. - 2011
- Sacred Heart, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- B.A. - 2013
- Major: Mass Media Communication
- Puerto Rico, 2012
- U.S. District Court District of Puerto Rico, 2013
- U.S. Immigration Court, 2018
Classes & Seminars
- Bar Admission Coaching , UIPR, 2012 to 2015
- Puerto Rico tu Puedes, 2017 to Present
- Red Cross , 2017 to Present
- Business Consultant
- Puerto Rico Criminal Defense, Delegate, 2013 to 2017
- Colegio Notarios, Member, 2013 to Present
- Nashville Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2018 to 2019
Current Employment Position